Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tuesday's Mix It Up!

Hurray!  Day two!  I'm on a roll!

Positives affirmations are important.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!

As I headed off for work this morning...I had a plan.  The minute I finished payroll I would run sneak home, log 1 mile on my treadmill then get back to work.
Success!  Not only did I get my mile in, but I ran for 1/2 of it!  Good for me.  (Positive affirmations people!)

I felt so good that I ended up texting and facebooking during office hours.  BIG OOPS!  That meant that I was behind on my work and wasn't able to SNEAK out early to hit the gym before picking up the T-Man, my kinder kid!

That's OK - We will shop for healthy food, pick up the littles (aka: the twins), and go home.  While the boys play, I will jump on the treadmill.

Again...Umm.  No.  Instead we made fruit smoothies and mommy washed the veggies, washed the dishes, and started dinner.

Boys are in bed...

Finally!  I'm going to get some exercise time!  The wind here today is hideous.  Even my slothly body might blow away if I went out in it.  (Thank you Lord for the blessing of bad weather...for without it I wouldn't have an excuse to stay inside where there is light.)

I took the recent issue of National School Board Association with me because there is an article on technology that I wanted to read, and my iPod was already hooked up so I was Good To Go!

I was cruising right along with my tunes, and really enjoying this month's issue...keeping the exercise first and foremost in my mind by varying the elevation...when "Let's Twist" by Chubby Checker came on.  (Tease if you must...I do enjoy some oldies)

Please.  I urge you all.  If you have that anywhere on your playlist...delete it!  It causes serious bodily injury when you attemp to twist on a treadmill at the elevation of 6 and the speed of 4.

I was able to finish the rest of my exercise...but I have to tell you... I think I have been traumatized.

Exercise is a dangerous sport.







No comments:

Post a Comment