Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Shoes

OK - If you've ever had a conversation about running with me - no, like a serious, no sarcasm, no joking, all out conversation...you've heard me talk about RoadRunner Sports. 
I first discovered RR about 4 years ago.  A friend that I was teaching with swore by the "treadmill/video Program".  That's where they watch you walk/run and then fit your foot with a shoe.  Well, those of you who know me...know I like gadgets, gizmos, technology, and all things that are about ME!  I HAD to try it.

I LOVED IT!  They talked to ME!  They fitted ME!  They came to ME!  It was all about ME! 
(No narcissisum involved - just lots of selfishness.  Gotta be honest...I'm a mom of 4 and a wife - someone has to think about ME!)

Tim went with me, and I have to say... he mocked ME the entire time!  He sat there with a smug smirk on his face.  When I said, "What!?"  He laughed and said, "You are eating this up.  You are totally hooked on this system."  Well, duh!

35 minutes later, we emerged from the store with a pair of shoes and inserts that are specially molded for MY feet.

That is when I truly started running...

Then, the twins came along... and I ran less...
Then, we opened our business, the twins started toddling, and Ashley was in high school.  My life...became busy busier, and I became lazy.  I was too tired to do anything at night.  So I stopped running.

But now... I'm back.
I returned to scene of the crime...RoadRunner Sports.  I told them I needed new shoes, new inserts, and a new body.  I told them I was going to run a marathon.  Guess what?  They encouraged me!  They said that although the "new body" part was going to be all on me...?... that they were confident I could - and WOULD run that marathon.  They even said that since I am declaring it out loud...it has to be done.

So... here are my new shoes that will take me to my marathon...Please S.G....Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment