Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Am A Runner

... or may be I am a walker...

...or perhaps ~ a WOGGER!!

You know a person who walk/jogs.  You can't call it walking because nobody can comfortably keep up with them, and you can't call it jogging because well, you just can't.  It's not fast enough, but I don't really know how fast you have to jog to make it a jog vs a run or even a speed walk...I need to Google it!

Here is the scoop - yep, this handy little blog of mine has become - once again - a personal journal.  If nothing else, I hope you get a chuckle out of my foibles...or at least learn from my injuries (to both body and psyche.)

I joined a group, Lose 30 pounds in 100 days.  Count me in!  I need accountability, I need external motivation, I need help!  At first, I "played along"...reading what others said, commenting on their successes, and encouraging their frustrations.  Then I realized - these ladies are losing some serious poundage.  I want in on that!

I took before pictures - no, they will not be posted here unless at the end I look absolutely, freaking amazing!  Then maybe.
I weighed myself.  (Sorry - didn't do the measurement thing.)
I created a plan.

Part of the plan is to run.  For some insane reason I want to run a marathon.  Why does anyone want to run a marathon?  I have no idea.  I think it sounds cool to be able to say, "I ran a marathon - I'm still alive - I ran a marathon!"
For those of you who don't know me...
  • I had to Google how long a marathon is.
  • I have 4 children - 1 of them is a teenager ~ she is the easy one of the bunch.  The other 3 are still little and cannot be left alone, only one of them is in school all day, my husband and I both work full time (out of the house), so to take the kids with me is not acceptable because they are too big for a triple stroller, and they aren't ready for a bike yet.  Do you understand the challenge?
  • My job is a DESK JOB!  I roll in my chair from my desk to the printer.
  • I think getting up to get a book should be considered exercise.
  • I have ADD.
  • Although I definitely have weight to lose...I probably shouldn't lose 30 pounds.
For Christmas, my wonderful, awesome hubbie bought me a Snap membership. (Snap is a fitness center in our town.)  I was thrilled!  I started off great ~ we would go together every morning at 4am (when all the kiddos were asleep and the teenager was home) ~ I would come home and want to fall promptly into bed!  Eventually, due to weird circumstances... we quit going.

My NEW goal...because I read somewhere that goals should be ongoing and should be revised to fit the needs ... blah, blah...not sure.  I just needed to revamp!

Monday - Wednesday - Friday: 
  • Walk/Jog/Run/Sprint in the great outdoors (Hopefully with the teenager)
Tuesday - Thursday:
  • During the 10am break ~ sneak home and get 1 mile in on the treadmill. 
  • After lunch ~ hit Snap for a mile on the elliptical and pump some iron, baby! 
  • Then grab another mile on the treadmill at home when the littles go to bed.
Off we go!  Follow my newly shod, Roadrunner feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment