Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Monday Night Stroll

Tonight, I went for a walk, but ended up jogging (according to Ashley) when  thought I was running...

My friend S.G. is a marathoner.  She runs in them for FUN!!  I'm not sure, but the woman could very possibly have some serious ADHD issues - she is always in motion!  I LOVE her for so many reasons...she is tall, she loves the Lord with all her soul, she is raising beautiful children, she is skinny, and she is always happy.  (Therefore...if I run I will be tall, skinny and happy.)  Don't wory S. G.  ~ those reasons are only a tiny sampling of why I think you are Awesome!
Sorry, I got off track...
Anyway!  When I asked S.G. when she finds time to run the insane amount of miles that she does, she replied, "I run at night."  Then she walked bounced out of the room.  (She is a lot like my favorite cartoon character, Tigger.)  I sat there stunned.  Then I yelled, "I am afraid of the dark!" 
She laughed. 
Seriously.
 I am afraid of the dark AND she LAUGHED!!!!!

So I set off on my newfound plan of running walking jogging exercise.  My daughter, the teenager, was with me.  (Thank goodness!)  I'm not sure she will ever be the same again.  She did ask if she should be seeking psyciatric help at her age...I'm not sure what that was all about!  Here is a look at our journey...

Me: normal blog font
Ashley aka: Sister because the boys struggle with the "sh" blend: in blue

Slow down...I need to warm up.
We haven't made it to the drive way yet.

Oh man, sister.  I forgot about this hill...and it's not even the big one!

Dude, does that car really need their brights on?

I'm out of breath.
We haven't even gone a 1/2 mile yet, let alone made it to the mailbox!

How far have we gone?

Boy, seriously does that guy need to have his brights on?

I have to pee.

I'm breathing heavy - is this normal?

What if I have a heart attack? Will you dial 911
Not if you fall face forward and end up laying on the phone.

How long do we need to climb this hill?

Are there vampires in Camp Verde?

I smell cigarette smoke - do you think there is someone hiding behind that mesquite and he will attack us?

Do "boogie men" fly or run or jump? Do they have super powers?

Oh my gosh! I think that is a skunk! What do we do? Run backwards, stand still, try to jump over it?

I still seriously have to pee - please slow down - it hurts!

I hear something in the leaves...it is following us!
Run faster!!!
I can't run! My stomach hurts.

Why are there so many cars out at night?

 Are we half way yet?

What if a javalina comes after us? I don't think I can out run a javalina. Mom - you can't outrun one of the twins. Oh yeah.

So, what are you doing tomorrow night? What do you want? To ride bikes. No. I have plans. Doing what? I'm not sure yet. You are grounded.

Hey! We are going down hill now. Lets run. Do I have to? Yes

This is not fun.

I think I pulled a muscle. Can we slow down?

Hey!  I know that guy!
as a little sports car driven by a hormonal young man pulls up next to us...
Then the little turd actually paces us!  Are you kidding me?  I'm trying to be tough and just keep running - I don't want this little 18 year old punk to know how pathetically out of shape I am ~ and he is telling us how fast we are/aren't going!

Oh look - I see our house...1/4 of a mile away. It's time to sprint mom. No.

I need to let a stinker...

I don't understand S.G. She makes it look and sound so easy and pleasant.

I need less distraction in my life.

I think I will do better on a treadmill - just me and the iPod - no vampires, skunks, javalinas, teenagers, cars, bright lights, leaves, bushes, smokey air...

At least I got my three miles in!  (And under 1 hour!)

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment