Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And Then Came Wednesday

Wednesday is my normal day for "catch up". 
I catch up at work,
go out of town to catch up on shopping (we are limited where I live), and
catch up on house work.
Today...I was PREPARED!
I packed my healthy 10am snack.
I packed my healthy 1pm lunch.
I packed water.
I didn't worry about my other snacks because I had to be home by 2:30pm to pick up the T-Man.

Oh the best laid plans...

On the drive up the mountain, I was planning on how to powerwalk my way around each store...I was prepared to push heavy carts, hold on to large packages, and get my "rear in gear".

My first stop was Kohls, I had a 30% off coupon...I had to.  I was going to save Tim so much money!  30% people!!!
Yeah... I strolled.  I stopped.  I admired.  THEN... I tried on.  I wanted a new swimsuit for our Spring Break trip!  And here... I got a workout.  Trying on suits, trying not to cry, and trying to not actually see me in the mirror.  By the time I was done - there was sweat involved!  It's a stinking swimming suit!  After that workout, I knew I was doing GOOD!  So I ventured over to the kitchen department and put a Baby Cakes Cake Pop maker in my kart.  (Don't ask - somehow I was justifying it!)

When I emerged from the store...it was snowing!  Awesome.  I burn more calories in cold weather, right?  Perfect!  Guess I get to stop at Hobby Lobby...I refuse to divulge what was in my cart, what went through my head, and what came out of my wallet.  It's a girl thing.  It's a craft thing.  It's my thing.

During all of this...I was drinking copious amounts of water.  Silly me...

I still had to hit Home Depot, Michaels, World Market, Pier 1, Trader Joes, and Costco.

I am a healthy, energetic woman on a mission.  I will exercise.  I will tone my body.  I will drink more water.  I will do more shopping...because so far...that power walking, heavy lifting thing isn't working..

Needless to say... I did not get any type of workout in (with the exception of the swimsuit escapade).  I found that it is WAY hard to eat a salad while you are driving, drinking that much water while shopping makes you feel like you have a toddler with you (remember those days when you were potty training your little ones and you visited EVERY SINGLE bathroom of EVERY SINGLE store you went to?), and my "green smoothie" looked nasty all dried out in the bottom of the cup that sat in the car all day.

But don't worry!
                I will persevere! 
                                           Tomorrow! 
                                                                                      I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment